- There are an estimated 20.9 million victims held in modern slavery globally (ILO: The International Labour Organization).
- All 50 states in the U.S., and 167 countries have reported incidents of human trafficking (National Trafficking Resource Center 2015)
- There are nearly 2 million children worldwide exploited in the global sex trade; each year, as many as 100,000-300,000 American children are at risk of being trafficked for commercial sex in the United States
(UNICEF; Source: U.S. Department of Justice, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children).
- Human trafficking is an estimated $150 billion global industry annually (ILO: International Labour Organization). In the U.S. alone, it is an estimated $9.8 billion industry (UNODC: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).
- Human trafficking ranks among the fastest-growing illegal crime industries in the world.
- The average age of a trafficking victim in the United States is 11-14 years old (F.B.I: Federal Bureau of Investigation).
Stats and Information
You can DO SOMETHING.
It's NOT OK. You can DO SOMETHING today to combat human trafficking.DO SOMETHING